Interview with blogger of Negril Stories

Hello to all my blog readers & happy holidays





Karee About MeToday I have here with me Shelly-Ann A.K.A. Karee, writer of Negril Stories, her own personal blogI decided to interview Karee because I am in love with her blog, she writes it with so much passion ; makes me feel like I'm actually in the story myself..Lol..She writes really great stories of what's happening in her life, her experiences and much more ! Since it's a fairly new blog she doesn't have much yet but enough to make you want to read more. Get to know more about the lovely Karee and her blog{negrilstories} by reading my interview with her below. 


Our Interview


Can you tell me a little about yourself ? 
Gee, like what? I am 22 and single and unemployed.

Lol..that pretty much sums things up..What is the name of your blog ? 

Negril Stories.

What's your reason behind the name ' Negril Stores ' ? 

I wanted something very Jamaican.

How and why did you get into blogging ? 
I was bored and decided that I needed to kill time. I considered it a good way to express myself and get some insight into who I am.

What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topics ? 
I blog about everything, the main challenge is the fact that I am hardly ever motivated, most of what I produce is totally coincidental. Most times when I think of a topic and start writing, I never complete the post. Following through on my writings is something I need to learn to do.

Tell me about some of the people you’ve met while working on your blog
I haven't met anyone solely because of the blog, but I have met 2 men - Keith and Prince - who asked me to post their pictures on the internet to see if I could help them find love and a power saw, respectively. I was thrilled to.

How would you describe your blogging style ? 
I am very random, my writing is creative nonfiction and usually inspired by insignificant events in my daily life.

What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog ? 
I use flickr and facebook or read novels.

Yes I see you on facebook quite a lot..ha...What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business ?
My blogging is not for profit, but I love to get views and comments so I share the posts with my facebook and flickr friends.

How do you keep coming up with material / content for your blog ? 
I just get up and write. 

Do you have a favorite / least favorite post. If so, name yours and why ?
 I only have 6 posts so far (blogging since October 2010) so it is very difficult to say. I was quite pleased with my post entitled "Stress in my Left Breast" as I got very good responses and quite a few people felt inspired and motivated by it.

Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why ? 
Annie Paul and Mamachel because I enjoy satire.


Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road ? 
I think I will be blogging more frequently in the next 6 months as I have decided to undertake a photography Project 365. If I take a photo every day, I will be more conscious of my environments and more motivated to write. In 5 years, I will probably have a specific topic and dedicated followers.

Oh I know of Project 365, it's hard to keep up with, I want to try it again for next year and actually be dedicated this time. Ok back to you, onto the next question.....


If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few tips you would suggest ? 
I would tell them to not be afraid to share, not every post will be a masterpiece but the important thing is that they are making an effort to let their voice be heard and like any craft it will be properly cultivated in time.

What is the ultimate goal for a blogger in your opinion ? 
It depends, but my goal is to get my opinions out there and see if I can motivate someone along the way. Blogging should make me a more rounded person, especially if I develop a certain level of interaction.

So have you ever been to another country that you liked better then where you currently live ? 
No, I am very obsessed with Jamaica.

What is your average monthly income over the last 6 months ? 
Zilch.


Oh zilch ? Hahaha...that's no good but I can understand damn recession. O_O


Well time to wrap it up, thanks to Karee for this interview !
Please check out her blog and check regularly for updates she really deserves more recognition.  


negrilstories.com


NOTE TO Karee : Remember to make videos too I'm still waiting..lol..

1 comment:

  1. Kare has a great blog , Well done it has been a great interview , Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete